Glycolic acid is a small AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) naturally present in fruits and sugar plants (sugar cane).
Recognized for its exfoliating properties, Glycolic Acid effectively renews the skin’s surface, helping to improve skin health and appearance. Glycolic acid combats dullness, uneven texture and tone, dark spots, and signs of skin aging.
Discover our collection of glycolic acid skin care and get smoother and more even skin.
How does glycolic acid work?
Glycolic acid has a natural chemical peeling action that works by lessening the cohesion of the cells from the upper skin layer, promoting their sheading.
Also, because of its small dimensions, Glycolic Acid penetrates deep into the skin where it binds to water, helping maintain the skin’s natural hydration.
What are the benefits of Glycolic Acid for the skin?
- Renews the skin – with age, skin turnover slows down, and skin becomes duller and drier. Fine lines become more notable. Glycolic acid boosts skin renewal revealing a most luminous skin.
- Smoothes wrinkles – due to its renewing action, Glycolic Acid favors the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid, helping to keep the skin wrinkle-free for longer.
- Reduces dark spots – glycolic acid eliminates cells from the upper skin layers, which are rich in melanin, therefore, reducing hyperpigmentation spots and revealing a more even and unified complexion.
- Fights acne – this peeling agent fights non-inflammatory acne lesions such as blackheads and whiteheads and reduces acne marks.
- Boosts skin hydration – glycolic acid has the ability to retain water in the skin, improving the hydration levels of the epidermis.an
How to use Glycolic Acid?
Glycolic acid is the alpha hydroxy acid most used in cosmetic products for the skin and is available in cosmetic products for personal use, such as face and body moisturizers, serums, lotions, and cleansers, in a maximum concentration of 15%
For beginners and for sensitive and very dry skin, high concentrations of Glycolic Acid can cause burning, irritation, and itching, so you should start with a concentration between 5 and 10% and apply the product every few days during the night routine. Its use increases skin photosensitivity, so daily use of sunscreen with an SPF above 30 is essential when using skincare containing Glycolic Acid.
This ingredient can be combined with Hyaluronic Acid to improve skin hydration and Vitamin C to improve radiance and fight skin aging.
We advise you to read the instructions of use to find out how the brand recommends you to use the product.