Niacinamide is a soluble form of Vitamin B3 also known as Nicotinamide or Vitamin PP. It is a versatile ingredient widely used in skincare and an essential active ingredient in your daily skincare routine.
Niacinamide has soothing and repairing, sebum-regulating, depigmenting, and anti-aging properties and can be used by all skin types.
Discover the selection of products with Niacinamide.
What are the benefits of Niacinamide for the skin?
Niacinamide is one of the most versatile ingredients used in skincare, as it has many skin benefits.
- Lightens the skin: Niacinamide reduces the transfer of melanin to the upper layers of the skin, preventing dark spots on the skin and helping to even out the skin tone.
- Improves skin barrier function: Niacinamide increases ceramides‘ natural skin production helping to strengthen and repair the skin barrier and keep the skin hydrated.
- Soothes the skin: Niacinamide reduces skin inflammation, helping to soothe the skin and reduce its sensitivity;
- Anti-aging action: niacinamide helps fight free radicals and skin damage that leads to the appearance of wrinkles.
- Fights acne: Niacinamide regulates skin oiliness and inflammation, thus being very useful in acne treatment.
Who should use Niacinamide?
Niacinamide can be used by all skin types, as its different actions can help treat different skin conditions.
The soothing action of niacinamide is particularly useful on skin prone to redness and rosacea, sensitive skin, and eczema-prone skin, while its brightening properties will be helpful on skin struggling with hyperpigmentation and melasma. Likewise, this ingredient can help acne-prone skin due to its oil-regulating and restoring action.
How to use niacinamide?
Niacinamide is found in a variety of skincare products, including face cleansers, creams, lotions, serums, and masks. We can find skincare with 1 to 5% niacinamide and up to a maximum concentration of 10%.
Niacinamide is stable to light and is not photo-sensitizing. For this reason, skincare with niacinamide can be used morning and/or night and applied whenever needed throughout the day. It can also be combined with other dermatological actives without inconvenience.
We advise you to read the instructions of use provided by the brand.